Friday, July 3, 2015

House to Home: Master Bathroom

I've been saying for years that I need to start decorating my home.  I have a lot of trouble settling on what I really want when it comes to making our house a home.  I don't go for a modern look.  It's just not me.  {That's one of the great things about each of us having our own spaces to work on, I guess.} I'm more a cosy, comfortable, traditional kinda gal.

One day it hit me - I was living in my house of 5 years and I really hadn't made it a home yet!  So, I got started.

Of all the rooms I decided to tackle first, I'm really not sure why I went with the master bathroom.  Maybe because it isn't seen/used by many others besides my husband and myself.  I could get the tools and supplies out and not have to worry about putting everything out of little ones' reach whenever I had to stop for the day.

Whatever my reasoning, or non-reasoning, that's where I started.

Here's a few before pictures! (Have to have those, right?) These were taken on our initial walk through before purchasing.
Tub and Shower Area

Sink Area
It's not bad.  It's actually a really great bathroom with lots of room and beautiful fixtures.  I can't take any credit for the choices made, though.  The people who built the house and then didn't complete the purchase, did a great job picking them out.

Soon after moving in, we realized the lights over the vanity weren't going to cut it in lighting up our whole bathroom.  This fixture was found one night while wondering through one of our favorite home stores on clearance for about $25.

Thankfully, Hubby is very handy and was able to run a new line and box to the area where we wanted the light all by himself.  {Really there wasn't enough space in the small attic crawl space for both of us to fit.  And... I wouldn't have been any help anyway.}  It's even on a separate switch!

Things kinda stalled at that point.  Life has a way of creeping in and taking over completely - we had another little one, kids started school, lasting medical issues, and many more just everyday things.

Fast forward to my little epiphany about not having a home, and I quickly got a gallon of paint in Gobi Desert, unearthed all my tools from the basement, and got started.

Yep.  Neutral.  Not exciting; but, I feel that I will be able to switch out accent colors as I want.

Current accent color?  White! With a bit of black thrown in.

Tub After

Sink After

Shower


Behind the door I have a couple of hooks to hang our towels on.


When the decorating started, I made this no-sew valance for the large window.


I liked it, but I really like this and it's more what I originally had in mind.  Cafe rod and window scarf were both purchased from Walmart.


These wrought iron wall decorations I've had for years, and they fit in perfectly on this side wall.  The towel rod is Sienna by Moen - very pretty and easy to put up.


Overall, I am soooo pleased with the results!  It's simple, relaxing and uncluttered.

Sink Before and After

Tub Before and After
Now on to the next room!





1 comment:

  1. Love the new color and black/white accents. Love you@

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...