Monday, January 4, 2016

Sweet Potato Hash Recipe

Here it is!  I know you have been anxiously awaiting this announcement. {Yep, my sarcasm is still firmly in place for the new year.  You've been warned... er.... made aware.}

Kevin and I through this together one day for lunch when we were stranded at home due to flood waters.  This was the best tasting creation we've made so far.  Since I actually remembered to write down the ingredients we used, I can pass the recipe on to all of you.

I'm not sure that this is a true hash, but it's much easier to say 'Sweet Potato Hash' when talking about it than 'that sweet potato dish with onions and sausage and seasoning and maybe some eggs'.  So, I've dubbed it 'Hash'.  Because I can.  Um... okay... on with the show.

Sweet Potato Hash

2 medium sweet potatoes diced
1 small onion diced
1/2 lb ground sausage (fully cooked)(optional)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp season salt
2 scrambled eggs (optional)

~Microwave diced sweet potato for about 3 minutes in 1 minute intervals until soft.*

~Melt coconut oil in skillet.

~Add diced onion and sauté until onion is almost clear in appearance.

~Add minced garlic.

~Add diced sweet potato to skillet and sprinkle with 1 tsp season salt.

~Sauté until there is nice color on the potato pieces and they are completely cooked through.

~Now would be the time to add cooked sausage and/or scrambled eggs if you choose.

~Heat through and serve {maybe with a side of pancakes with yummy, warm banana syrup}.


Microwaving the diced sweet potatoes is a KEY step!  Don't skip this!  By essentially pre-cooking them, you have less chance of burning them in the skillet - which is really easy to do.

Hope you all enjoy this recipe!  Make sure to give me some feedback on Facebook.

Keep enjoying life!



1 comment:

  1. Wowwww
    I LOVE this!!
    I don't care if it's not a "true hash" as I long as I get to eat it :) I much prefer sweet potato over regular potato, and I thing it a great idea and recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...