Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Kids In The Kitchen: Easy Mock Strawberry Cheesecake Bites

It's a love - hate feeling for me when my kids want to get in the kitchen.  I love that they want to create and learn about how to fix different foods.  I hate the extra time it takes and the mess it can make.  Believe me, I'm working on my attitude and willingness in this area.

The other day my 10 year old begged me to let her in the kitchen because she wanted to make cheesecake.  Um, no.  Wasn't happening.

Then she explained she didn't really want to make cheesecake, but she had an idea.  I gave in and now I'm glad I did.  Here's what she came up produced with just 3 simple ingredients!



Mock Strawberry Cheesecake Bites

What you need:

Fresh strawberries
Cream cheese - room temperature
Graham crackers


Wash your strawberries and then pat them dry.  Set them to the side.



Place a couple of graham crackers in a plastic bag and grind to a fine crumb.  (Use a food processor for easier method.)



Put crumbs in a small bowl or plate.


Use a butter knife to spread cream cheese on the bottom 2/3 of the strawberries.



Roll cream cheese covered strawberries in graham cracker crumbs.


And you're DONE!

These turned out so pretty and taste really good!  She did an awesome job!  And, as you can tell, she is pretty proud of herself.


So, do you turn your kids loose in the kitchen?  At what age did you start letting them get creative with food?  This is definitely one area I'm hoping to lighten up on this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...