Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My {Busy} Life

Life has been taking over and I haven't had as much time at the computer.  It's both good and bad.

First, there's only a couple days left to take advantage of the Free Membership ($19.95) and Free Cafe Latte Canister ($48) from Shaklee.  This is a great deal and it ends on Friday!  Just click on the picture below to get started.
In other news....

The weather has been pretty nasty and cold with little patches of warmth and sun.  Saturday was especially nice here in the Saint Louis area.  We took advantage of it to get some exercise and some extra vitamin D.  Such a bummer having to go back to these 20 and 30 degree days.
Madi FINALLY lost her second, top front tooth!  We have been waiting for this for months.  She had a serious case of Nanny McPhee look-a-like going there for a long time.  It's been so long that her permanent teeth are pretty much all the way in.  Now to get the other 4 loose ones out.
This next picture is just for fun.  I love having a little boy to dress up.  Having 4 girls was a lot of fun, but I'm not really into all the bows and lace.  Most of the girls wouldn't wear the frilly dresses because the inside seams would bother them too much.  It just wasn't worth the cost of the dress for it to only be worn once and all the tears that came along with it.  A little boy has been a lot of fun and a bit cheaper.  (Suspenders - $3 from Target/ Tie - $? from The Children's Place)
Today, I'm typing this up while we wait for Madi's treatment to be complete.  She is quite the trooper during all of this.  We had to wait for about an hour past our appointment time to actually get started, but that's the way it goes sometimes.  I've learned to keep my day open and not stress about how long things take.  The staff always takes such good care of us.
 There's always something to keep us busy while here, too.
So, that's what's been happening around here lately.  I've got some things to show  y'all coming up soon.  I've started Spring Cleaning.  Blah.  Not in to full mode yet, but I'm wanting to get it all done before the spring weather shows up to stay.  I'd much rather clean while it's cold out and be able to actually enjoy the warm weather.

I'm also going to be sharing some of my journey to get healthy with you.  I even had my husband to give me a crash coarse at the gym to help me start building back my muscle tone having 5 kids took away.  Just a bit sore today.  Pretty sad considering how little I actually did at the gym.  Baby steps, though, right?

Home improvement is high on my list right now.  I'm hoping to share a couple of closet makeovers with you soon.  Also, I'm working in our master bath.  Lots of little improvements that are adding up to a wonderful retreat for us.  I might actually use our garden tub one of these days for myself instead of just a place to let the little kids pretend to go swimming.

There are a couple of craft/sewing projects I've got buzzing around in my mind, too.  I just have to have about an hour of uninterrupted time to see if what I have in mind will work in real life.  

Lots of things to look forward to!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...