Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Last Week's Love Affair: Basic G and Me



My life has a lot of curve balls thrown at it.  I'm learning to be flexible and go with the flow a little more every day.

Last week was no different.  However, when I took my daughter in to the doctor to get tested for strep (because it's going around the school), I never expected to hear she had Influenza A.  HUGE surprise!

Did we have flu shots?  Nope.  That's a gamble we decided to take.  And, considering it was the first time to have the flu in our home, I think we have a pretty good track record. (Please make the choice that works best for your family.)

So, what's the first thing any mom of more than one kid thinks? "Who's gonna get it next?" and "How long is this going to stay in our home?"

Poor Baby!!  High fever makes for a pretty miserable little girl.  Since she was highly contagious, the doctor asked her to wear a mask on our way out.


After letting my husband know, and telling him he was free to stay away for the weekend so he wasn't exposed, I got her some Tamiflu and got her home.

The next big decision was what to do about the other kids.  Ugh!  I decided not to be 'that mom'.  You know - The mom who doesn't let the school know and then sends the other kids hoping they don't pass the germs on to others.  So after a quick call to the school nurse to let her know what was going on and why the other elementary kids would be staying home, too, we settled in to our self-imposed quarantine.

Confession time: I became obsessed with disinfecting our home!!  My daughter probably thought I was stalking her every move.

I disinfected EVERYTHING.

Faucets.

 Where she sat and ate each time.


All the banisters in the house. (Pay no attention to the snowmen in the back ground)


This chair - where my husband usually sits to watch his sports, work when he's in town, and take the occasional nap.  This is also where my daughter slept for two nights when she had a 103* fever.  (I may or may not have shared that information with my husband. ahem.)


The couch and pillows where she spent most of her time watching movies or playing on her personal device or sleeping.


She really was tired.


And fell asleep in some really interesting places. 


This is my husband's side of the cover.  I really think she was trying to make sure he got sick so she could have him home and spend some more time with him.  Can you say 'daddy's girl'?

I even tossed her bedding and favorite toy (that she still sleeps with every night) in the wash with a bit of the disinfectant concentrate.

And ALL THE DOOR KNOBS!!!



I'm so pleased to announce that it worked!!

While a couple of the kids had a mild cough, everyone one, but Madi, was squirrelly and bored the two days they were kept home.  And NO FEVERS!! Having a wonderful, sunny, semi-warm weekend was such a blessing for us all.  I opened the windows for some fresh air and sent the kids outside to get some wonderful, sun kissed playtime in.  

I highly recommend having your own bottle of Basic G on hand.  Not only for killing the flu virus, but for safe, everyday, effective cleaning.  This stuff also last forever!  By buying cleaners in concentrate form, there is a huge saving potential - one quart of Basic G makes up to 64 gallons of cleaner that will clean, disinfect and deodorize areas inside and outside the home.  (Trash cans, anyone?!)  It's been a wonder product to have on hand the past couple of years. (Yep.  One bottle, multiple years.)

I'm going to keep my spray bottle close over the next several days.  Time is ticking for our family and we really can't afford to have another kiddo - or adult - go down with any type of illness.  

Stay well, my friends, and keep loving Life!


**Want to see all the nasty junk Basic G can help you clean out of your house?  Take a look HERE to see a list of the viruses, bacteria, animal viruses and fungi this versatile germicide is effective against.    Feel free to compare it to what you are currently using!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...